Nespresso is considered to be the pioneer when it comes to coffee pod machines having launched the first one back in 1986. Since then, the brand has come a long way and offers a range of machines and compatible pods for making that comforting drink on your morning break.
But if you’re not a coffee lover, you might be wondering, do Nespresso make hot chocolate pods?
Unfortunately, Nespresso does not make its own hot chocolate pods. However, that isn’t to say that you cannot make hot chocolate with your Nespresso machine; depending on the type of machine you have. But you should be very careful before using hot chocolate pods in any Nespresso machine.
The Original Nespresso machine
One of the biggest selling points of the Original Nespresso machine is that a wide range of other brands make pods that are compatible with it.
The design of the pods is not patented by Nespresso so other, often more affordable manufacturers have seriously taken advantage of this. And who can blame them?
While it isn’t possible to purchase Nespresso brand hot chocolate pods, there are many other brands that offer this type of drink such as Podista.
Must read: Nepresso Original vs Vertuo Coffee Machines
The Vertuo Nespresso machine
Nespresso’s other popular pod machine is the Vertuo but the downside of this appliance is that there is no option to use other brand pods.
This is because Nespresso owns the patent to the pod design so you have to use their own capsules. They don’t make hot chocolate so if you own a Vertuo, you’re out of luck!
Should I use hot chocolate pods in my Nespresso machine?
If you own an Original Nespresso machine, you are probably very eager to start using some of the other brand hot chocolate pods. But we must first provide you with a word of caution.
There is a reason that Nespresso doesn’t make its own hot chocolate pods and that is because the company deems chocolate too thick for the appliance.
There is a risk that due to the density of the chocolate powder, water may not be able to pass through as easily and this can cause back-logs which may damage the machine.
While other manufacturers are attempting to design their pods to avoid this happening, it is always going to be a risk.
If you aren’t comfortable with the idea of using these pods in your Nespresso Original machine then there are some viable alternatives for making hot chocolate. For example, there are specially designed hot chocolate makers such as the Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser that make the perfect cup every time.
Alternatively you can easily make a delicious hot chocolate with your microwave and milk frother. Check out the video below to learn how.
It’s not worth the risk
Nespresso may be one of the biggest names in the coffee pod machine world but the downside is that they don’t make hot chocolate pods for when you want a more soothing drink.
That said, there are other manufacturers that make pods for the Original Nespresso machine but you should be mindful that there is a risk of damage to your machine, so always err on the side of caution and use alternative methods for making hot chocolate when you can.
This week’s best-selling Nespresso pod machines
- The Nespresso Creatista Plus allows you to create personalised cafe style quality coffees at...
- CREATE YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES: Whether you have a passion for black coffee or a coffee with...
- CONVENIENCE WITHOUT COMPROMISE: All the convenience of a Nespresso portioned coffee machine...
- Automatic and programmable water quantity control for small or large cups
- Power safe mode: Machine automatically switches off 30 minutes after last use
- Includes a selection of 16 different Nespresso capsules
- Versatile cup sizes: One machine for 5 coffee sizes, Alto, Mug, Gran Lungo, Double Espresso,...
- Perfect in cup results every time: Freshly brewed coffee, with naturally formed crema and full...
- High convenience and flexibility: Simple and convenient 1 button preparation, moveable water...
- Compact machine taking up minimum space on your work counter
- User friendly capsule insertion with removable container for emptying
- Fast heating using Thermoblock, 25 seconds
- 'Urban Smart’ redesigned: The iconic CitiZ machine gets a few new updates while retaining its...
- Flexible: two programmable buttons with automatic flow-stop for Espresso and Lungo coffees,...
- High-performance: 19 bar coffee extraction and fast heat-up in only 25 seconds. Easy insertion,...